Thursday, June 7, 2012
Ladyhawke's new album has finally been released in the US, and to my joy she can still write a good, catchy pop song. I loved her debut release, a record that sounded like it came straight out of 1984 with it's heavy new wave synthesizer hooks. Some new wave haters criticized her for this. With this second album Ladyhawke has put down her keyboards, picked up a guitar and has sent a nice, fat FUCK YOU to those who criticized her electro 80's sound. If the songs Girl Like Me, Sunday Drive, Blue Eyes, The Quick & The Dead, Vanity and Anxiety don't get your ass moving with their guitar driven riffs and irresistable fuzz then you're simply incapable of appreciating a good beat. This album kicks all sorts of ass!
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
I was too busy to post anything yesterday for a monthly 5 on the 5th, so i'll post 6 photos from yesterday and today.
1. A sexy businessman I saw on the train yesterday afternoon.
2. A pasta salad I saw when I stopped at a market to get some water. Hooker salad???
3. In keeping with the pride theme, here's a pic of light reflecting a rainbow as I exited a small mall by my place.
4. Near a trail where I went hiking there's this funky record store. I snapped this photo from the glass door.
5. A pen holder that sits on my computer desk. As you can see I have multicolored pens and the green thing is ideal for holding my cell phone.
6. I invited a buddy over for some afternoon fun. Here's a pic of our gay pride "session". Hehehe!
This month is Pride month, so go out and be happy and gay. I'm planning on having a fun filled Pride month with a Scissor Sisters concert (music can't get any gayer than this), and participating in the San Francisco Pride festivities, including marching in the Parade. Be out and be proud I say.